Technical Support for Your Dinerware POS System
Dinerware Support helps ensure your system run smoothly and that it meets the demand for availability.
Through a combination of preemptive maintenance services, bundled hardware and software support, software updates and upgrades, Dinerware support can resolve technical issues quickly and effectively.
From mission-critical issues to basic self-maintenance support, you can get the support you need for your unique requirements.
Dinerware offers a variety of options that provide telephone and online technical support; software updates and upgrades; as well as self-help tools and notifications. All plans are available with varying levels of support so you get the help you need as promptly as your business needs require.
To reach Dinerware Support, please call (206) 297-1241 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are outside Dinerware headquarters, please contact your local authorized Dinerware Dealer for questions or issues with your Dinerware software.
Important Before you set up your new POS system, please make sure each of these items are completed. The wiring should be installed by a professional contractor. All construction must be completed before installing any POS system. This includes CAT5 Ethernet cable installation.
- An electrical outlet must be supplied at each POS station or terminal.
- An electrical outlet must be supplied at the kitchen printer location.
- A high-speed internet modem (provided by ISP) must be supplied at the system router location (a router is included with the POS system).
- Dial up and wireless internet connections will not be sufficient to operate your POS system. Internet should be sourced directly from the modem, not through an existing router. If you have a router, please replace it with the pre-configured router included with your POS system.
- Ethernet cable must be run from each terminal station to the router (Internet) location. Be sure to use only the CAT5E 568B Standard (RJ45 Ethernet Cable – included with your POS system). CAT5E 568A will not operate the system properly. A 50’ Internet cable is supplied with terminal kits. A 10’ Internet cable is supplied with remote printer kits.
- Ethernet cable must be run from the kitchen printer(s) to the router (Internet) location. Be sure to use only the CAT5E 568B Standard (RJ45 Ethernet Cable). CAT5E 568A will not operate the kitchen printer properly. Recommended wiring: Dinerware recommends having your electrician or contractor install CAT5E wall jacks at the location of each terminal and remote printer. This will make the installation of you POS system go much quicker and also eliminate excess cable.
- You must have enough counter space available (see hardware guide for system dimensions). Remove your old POS system (if any) from the area prior to installation.
- Under-counter wiring: the countertop must have a grommet hole drilled at least 2” (two inches) in diameter.
- At time of installation, any additional construction (sanding, drilling, etc) MUST be completed. The POS system includes sensitive electrical equipment and debris can cause permanent damage to this equipment.
Following these steps will ensure your installation goes as smoothly as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Dinerware installation technician.